There's not much Natalie Ismiel doesn't know about hair removal. She was 8 when her mother created Nad's Natural Hair Removal Gel for her and is now Nad's resident expert in hair removal.
If you have a question about any of our products, hair removal or skin care, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, check our list of frequently asked questions:
ask an expert
Hair Removal Gel
Hair Removal Cream
Brazilian & Bikini
Hair Removal Strips
Depileze Soothing Balm
Xfol Follicle Release Scrub
FAQ On Nad's
Hair Removal Gel
What is the Nad's Natural Gel made from?Nad’s Natural Hair Removal Gel has been created from all natural ingredients, such as molasses, lemon juice, honey and vinegar.
What is so different about the Nad’s Gel?
- Nad’s is natural
- Nad’s is water-soluble
- Nad’s doesn’t require heating
- Nad’s removes hair from the roots
The gel has changed in appearance and consistency (gone runny, turned a light green colour or looks like sugar) - what has happened?Nad’s Natural Hair Removal Gel is affected by humidity and age. If the product is only used for the eyebrows, then the gel could become crystallized before using the entire jar. This can be rectified.
- Place in the microwave (with the lid and ALL of the foil seal removed) on High
- Watch for the gel just start to boil. Stop the microwave.
- Take the jar out of the microwave (MAKE SURE YOU USE PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AS THE GEL IS AT BOILING POINT)
- Stir a couple of times
- Let it COOL to ROOM TEMPERATURE
- Gel is now ready to use, and should be back to its original consistency.
Hair may not come out if:
- it is not at least 3-5mm long
- the area is not clean and free from makeup and moisturisers
- the area is not dried after using the cleansing wipes
- too thick a layer of gel is applied – it needs to be thin
- you do not pull off the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth
- you pull off the cotton strip upwards rather than close to the skin
- the skin was not held taut
I have developed a rash/irritation - why if your product is natural?Nad's is made from natural ingredients, therefore it is not usually the ingredients, which cause irritation. Find out if they tried a small test patch first and waited 24 hours before commencing with waxing.
Occasionally a first time user may develop an irritation as their skin is not used to having the hair removed from the root. Apply a soothing cream such as Nad’s Depileze Soothing Balm.
Occasionally if you apply a thick layer this may cause bruising as you are tugging at the skin and not pulling out the hair.
I have developed bruising. Why?Bruising may be a result of either applying too thick a layer of gel or not holding your skin taut enough. Whilst this is rare, bruising may occur in some situations as a result of;
- Applying the gel too thickly. It is important to apply a thin layer of gel to prevent the product from tugging the skin when the strip is removed
- Failing to hold the skin taught when removing the strip. It is important to keep the skin taught to minimize movement of the skin and hence prevent bruising
- Diabetes. Diabetics are prone to bruising due to poor blood circulation
- Pre existing skin or circulatory issues.
If it is none of the above: unfortunately some people are more susceptible to bruising/swelling/irritation than others.
Just a quick note to thank you for this easy-to-use product ... with delight I realised it was sitting on the shelf in my local drugstore. I recall seeing it years ago on an info-commercial and thinking 'very interesting' ...
I bought it and brought it home to my two teenage daughters for our use. We all are very happy with it. The girls have declared it 'painless' ... a very big compliment to you.